Tom Kogwuonye

Why can’t I upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro?

24 Mar 2013
Windows 8
Chrome 25
24 Mar 2013 | Windows 8 | Chrome 25

I have an HP Envy DV7 laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed. I also purchased a Windows 8 pro upgrade and I have tried countless times to upgrade but theĀ IntelĀ pro wiressless software + Bluetooth refuse to uninstall according to the Windows 8 set up even after uninstalling.

I manage to bypass the manual uninstall of theĀ IntelĀ by choosing keep personnel files only and then going back and selecting keep personnel files and setting but after installing the windows 8 pro, found out that it is just another install of windows 8 and not windows 8 pro. So I decided to try using add features to your version of windows option.

I tried this twice and it gets to the place where it will restart my computer and says upgrading and configuring, please do not turn off your system but it always gets to 14% and stops saying unable to upgrade, reverting to previous windows.