Why can’t I update Adobe Flash player in Chrome?
Question by Shubham Mittal /

Whenever I try to install the updated version of Flash player in Chrome to play game, it won’t install and instead displays:

“Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.”

But the game still tells me it needs Flash player 11.1 or later. So how can I update Flash?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Awesome Webs & Tips
Awesome Webs & Tips
Stay Incognito On The Web
Stay Incognito On The Web
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
New Security Breaches
New Security Breaches

• Leland Whitlock

If you want to use your own Flash plugin I would consider using the open source Chromium instead as it won't be integrated the way the Google version is. Some prefer it for the better privacy it provides out of the box. You can find it at http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/download-chromium

which game is asking this, is it when you go to a site? can be an adware
    perhaps to uninstall chrome and install again

According to your listed version of Chrome, you are using a downright ancient version. You should update to the latest version of Chrome (27.0) and try the site again. This will address any security issues, improve overall performance, and get you the latest version of Flash Player to work in Chrome.

• DalSan M

I didn't even check the version. Wow! Definitely update to the latest version of Chrome.

• Justin Pot

Bruce does it again! Totally missed how old his version of Chrome was. OP: Update!

• DalSan M

You have to disable the built-in Flash plugin before using a downloaded version. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en should give you more information on how to do it. You shouldn't have to update it because the flash player is already above 11.1.