Why can’t I transfer my photos on my iPhone to my PC?

russell November 29, 2012

I have a 32gb iPhone 4S with 6000+ photos on it. I now have no more space on my phone, and I had to delete all my apps. I don’t want to delete any of the pictures (lots of them are from my road trip)… I just want to put them on my thumb drive.

Whenever I open the camera under My Computer, it appears empty. Is this because there’s very minimal space on my computer too?

All I want to do is free up my phone. How to I transfer the pictures?

1. RD

If you have Pass Code Lock enabled, first unlock your phone, and then plug your phone into a USB port on your pc. Then you can access the photos. If you don't unlock the phone before plugging it in, you will see the phone and directory, but will not see any pictures. The phone must be unlocked before plugging it in.

2. Anish Parameshwaran

have you considered using an iPhoto equivalent for PC. that may have an option to transfer pictures to the computer

3. Carmel

could any one please tell me ,i want to connect my iphone4 to my computor to take
    all recent photos i have taken off and put in a folder( name myself) to my computor ,
    i was able to do it before but it is not letting me do it know .if any one can help me please .

thanks carmel

• Kaylan

Did you ever figure it out Carmel because i cant find a solution either!

4. Vivien Lu

You need to use some professional photo transfer, like Syncios iPhone Transfer. It cam transfer all you photos files to your PC.

5. Jennifer Lee

When you sync your iphone with a wire you should get a popup to open the folders on the device. If you don't you can go to my computer, select the iphone, and your pictures will either be in one folder or like me in several. Just cut and paste to the appropriate folder on your computer.

6. rajat

Connect your iphone to PC and you will see a Drive option .Double click on drive u will find a folder and then you will get all your images inside it

7. Giggity Goebbels

Or just goto computer and double click ipad then copy the files to the flash drive

8. Giggity Goebbels

You need to use itunes

9. Dennis Sebenick

I prefer free iPhone Transfer. Just like Syncios iPhone Transfer, it can backup Photos, Music, Video, Apps, Podcast, iTunes U, Ringtone, e-Books, Camera Roll, Voice Memos, Camera Shot, Contacts, Notes to your computer, seamlessly copy video, audio, image, etc. from PC to your iPhone and sync iPhone to iTunes.

10. Christian

you have to plug up you iphone!!!! after u have that go to start and and click on documents!! after you will see under computer it should say iphone 4/4s/5 what ever u have click on it !!! next click on Internal Storage! after click on the next folder! named dcim. next click on the folder that says 860OKMZO and there are all your pics. then copy all pic and right click and press send it and make sure u have your flash drive in and press send to flash drive and there you go!!

11. Douglas Mutay

Use as it required iTune to transfer media from your iPhone to your PC.

12. Nikhil Chandak
  13. Eath Chantrea

ifunbox link: http://www.i-funbox.com/

14. Eath Chantrea

Give ifuxbox a try.

i don't know much about iOS but may be you require to enable MTP (Media Transfer Protocal). that is what i do on my android. But I might be wrong as i know less about iOS media transfers.

perhaps in this folder there are some photos not taken by iphone camera but downloaded from the net.

copytrans photo shareware there is free trial not sure limitations