Why can’t I see my Facebook news ticker?

Mona El Khamry March 14, 2013

I have logged on to Facebook and I can’t see my news ticker from yesterday. I have more than 200 friends on the service, use it everyday and can stay logged in for over 10 hours a day.

How can I get the ticker back? Please help!

Editor’s note: Question edited for readability.

1. SaapeXD MoHods

Are u having your Browser window maximized? if you are having it not maximized, then you have gotta make your browser window wider else, the ticker would be gone! Same happens to me too! :D

2. Anish P

If this ticker is the one that's part of the side bar and above the chat window, I'm almost positive that there's an option to hide and show the side bar. Just click on the chat window and it should show up again.

3. SaikatBasu

The same thing happened with me a few days back. My reasoning was that I slashed my Friends count from an unmanageable 145 to slightly below 100. I guess, there's the 100 number benchmark which kicked in.

Facebook gives this explanation - http://www.facebook.com/help/184242534997259/#Why-don%27t-I-see-ticker-on-my-account

4. Nathan Piercy

Try clearing your browser's cache (or browsing data) and going on Facebook.