Why can’t I see any Facebook friends in the right hand side chat bar?

Javed Mianded January 25, 2013

1. Ann McDonald

Why can't I see any Facebook friends in the right hand side chat bar?

2. Musa

Some anti virus will blocked your facebook chat option i.e Kaspersky

3. Ian Worthington

In your setting you can choose to hide the sidebar. In the bottom-right of your browser should be a small tab that you can click to enable the chat also.

Your browser window might be too small, also.

4. Ben Stegner

Also, the screen needs to be maximized. If you have toolbars or the bookmars bar pinned, there won't be enough space to display the chat. I would give this extension a try: http://socialfixer.com/
    It lets you really take control of Facebook and get rid of the annoyances. Try it out!

You may have hidden the friends list at right side. whihc you can just unhide it by clicking on a rectangle icon on left side (where you can see your online friend's small photos.
    One thing else that if you do not have enaugh space in your screen facebook will hide it for you. you can test by holding control and pressing - several times (zooming out).
    This will also show you your friend's list

6. Ashwin Ramesh

You need to be online to see your friends. If you are online and you still don't see friends, its a bug. Clear your cache and load facebook again. Or use a different browser.

7. HonYin Kok

Click on Chat on the bottom right and it should do a soft reload on the list. Unless your friends hiding by blocking you, you should see them listed when they are online.

Also check your facebook options->advanced chat settings to see if you have chat enabled.

8. Achraf Almouloudi

It changed if you change the size of your browser window, did you change it so.

9. Mahesh Kumar

You must be online to see the people who are online.If your status is invisible you can't see other people online.. Unless you change your status to visible you won't be able to see any of your friends online too..

perhaps You have clicked the “Hide sidebar” button in chat area
    did you changed zoom in your browser?

I can't seem to see my chat bar on the...