Why can’t I record an MP3 CD-R that plays in a 2010 Nissan Bose car audio system?

Keith L July 29, 2013

I have not been able to create a disk which is readable in the CD player. MP3 is supported as well as CD-R media. I have tried iTunes, Windows, and Audials, without success. I’ve used multiple CD vendors, all 700 MB. Any ideas about what to try would be greatly appreciated!

I agree with Alan about making sure the session is closed. If you are trying to maintain a logical directory structure on the disc, you may want to try abandoning that idea. The Cd player in my dad's new truck was like that. If I kept the Artist/Album/Song folder structure, it couldn't play a bloody thing, but once I dropped all of the MP3 files in the root of the disc, it worked perfectly.

2. Alan W

A common error when burning files or music to disc is to leave the session open. If you do this then only the computer that was used to burn the disc will be able to read it.
    Check that you burn at once and close the session.

3. Alan W

Can you rip the CD to your hard disc? Try that and rip in MP# format then test the music files to see if they play. If they do, burn to disc. The other thing that pops up is is the CD you are trying to rip a prper music CD bought from a shop? If it is then it most likely has a copy protection on it, that is common pratice among top bands.

• Alan W

MP# - MP3 - Sorry!

• Alan W

Totally read the question wrong! Please delete my post.

What quality are the mp3's, CD quality 192kbps or lower 128kbps, or other qualities? 128kbps should be fine with decent quality sound. How long are the file names? If too long, then the mp3 reader may have difficulty in playing the tracks back. Also, how did you burn the discs and have you tried a different drive or computer to burn from? These may or may not be a part of the issue you are having, but it may just be that the cd player is too touchy with the brands and/or type of cd (music vs data as Hovsep mentioned).

perhaps you used data CD-R instead Music/Media CD-R?

What’s the difference between CD-R audio & data disks?
    http://blog.chron.com//helpline/2008/06/whats-the-difference-between-cd-r-audio-data-disks/

Burn as Audio CD
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ta38263