Why can’t I print PDF files?

Shashidhar Medi February 7, 2013

I have an HP Laserjet 1300N printer and a Windows 7 desktop PC. I can print Word documents fine, but when I try to print PDFs nothing happens. What could be the reason?

1. Prashant Mirjankar

Check if you are selecting the proper printer... Check if this is with all the PDF's. Check the printer properties in PDF if necessary change the settings and verify.

2. Rakesh Pal

first of all you have to install the driver of printer .........for more help directly access this link.....follow

Another thing you can try is to go onto the product forum pages (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413) and look for a solution there.

I agree with Jan, but in addition, try printing just one page and see if it prints. Some printer/driver combinations struggle with large PDFs (Postcript/PDF is a programmatic format which can require enourmous amounts of memory). If the single page prints, try printing 2, then 4, 8 pages etc, until you hit the "wall". Rather than no. of pages, it may be particularly complex layout or graphics that will throw your printer, but at any rate, it's important to isolate the problem. Once you have pinpointed it, you can consider your options - using a different driver, printing in small chunks or just avoiding certain types documents! If not even a single pages prints, make sure you have the latest driver.

4. Jan Fritsch

Older HP Laserjets are known for having issues with Windows 7. Actually, not being able to print PDFs was an issue one of my clients faced with a hp laserjet 2100 one time.

I believe manually downloading and installing the latest driver should do the job. At best use the PCL5 version, it has the most "success rate" if there is something like that.

Guess that's one downside of producing quality printers that last for years and years...

• Jan Fritsch

Sorry, I forgot: The best wayis to remove/uninstall the printer first, then install the drive and finally the printer.

Click print from within the pdf, then advanced. Check the box for print as image, then ok

Laserjet 1300 and .pdf file printing problems

Printing PDF Files cause Print spooler to crash with HP Laserjet 1020

1) Uninstall your printer software.
    2) Uninstall Adobe Reader.
    3) Restart the computer
    4) Reinstall your printer software.
    5) Install Foxit as an alternative to Adobe Reader

6. Aska Nag

To get started, you need to install the software to read PDF files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other. Then open the PDF file in the program and from there select your printer and print the file. Everything should be printed.
    Best regards!