Why can’t I play a 1080p movie on my computer?
Question by Vibhor /

I have a computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.4 GHz with 1GB of RAM. I use Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2. I can’t get 1080p movies to run on my PC. Why not?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• N LKX

what you need is a better graphic card and, or a new monitor like a 21.5″ one. a 21.5″ monitor ‘s resolution is 1920×1080.

• crash4ksa

my by the gpu is bad one it is 80% from the gpu
    or the ram i thenk you need 2 gb or more

• Asfandyar

my laptop is
    core i5 , 4gb ram, 2.3Ghz…
    it plays 1080p movies size 7 and above GB but the physical memory shoots up very high to 95%.

why does it slows down the comp even after closing down the movie ???
    plxxxx tel me !!!

• Chris Clarkson

What is your screen resolution? If it is less than 1080 pixels high, a 1080p video won’t fit on your screen

Try VLC Player, if still not working, go to tools > preferences.
    in the video tab, change your out to DIrectX or OpenGL.
    This will force the video to process on your video card.

if still not working, maybe your video card is not capable of playing HD videos. Try updating your Video Card Drivers.

hope this helps.

• GamE

U need better processor…..or use km player in realtime priority. That should help u

• Dalsan

The processor speed is fine, the graphics adapter and memory would have more to do with not playing HD videos. Make sure your video drivers are up to date and either install the codecs or the media players suggested that self contain the codecs (sometimes installing the wrong codecs can cause other problems). I’d suggest increasing your RAM to help matters, also. Low memory can cause lag in response or stuttering of playback if background programs or services are running at the same time HD videos are playing.

perhaps is hardware problem like graphical do not support, try the vlc player as mentioned or zoom player

Minimum Requirements for Running 1080p on PC:

Unable to run 720p and 1080p movies smoothly,

• tebie_

It’s probably because your computer is missing something, maybe a codec or the movie file are bad. What type of error do you get? which media player do you use?

Try using VideoLan Media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
    It got built in support for most video format, so you don’t have to worry about installing codecs. VideoLan does all the job for you.

• Sanju Meena

Use Kmplayer its Great Player for it or use any other Player or use for Playing 1080P Video…… When i want to Watch Movie in 1080p then i Watch Online….. its Great for Me..