Why can’t I login to MakeUseOf using OpenID?

Evert Amaya-Gonzales December 15, 2012

After being away from the website for a while, I’ve comeback and not seen an option to login through OpenID. The only available options right now are Facebook/Twitter/Google/MSN/Yahoo.

On this webpage it shows you how to get a MakeUseOf account and displays the OpenID icon at the very right. Has OpenID stopped being an available login method? And what happens to all the points I had saved up on that account?

1. Matt Smith

OpenID was removed some time ago. You won't be able to access the points on that account, though it appears that there were very few. If you'd like them restored to your new account please email me at mattsmith@makeuseof.com

2. Arun Singh

in older version of makeuse of reward system you can use open id to login but after the reward system got an update makeuseof team might removed option to login with open id.

contact the makeuseof technical people.

4. Duy Nguyen Minh

You need login to facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Google, MSN. After open the makeuseof.com. and click plugin OpenID you login.

• James Maciel

It looks like the stopped using OpenID. I do not see any option to use it.

5. James Maciel

That is just an old screenshot and if you read the text it never mentions openID. As for the points you probably have to contact support by emailing mark@makeuseof.com