Why can’t I install Subway Surf and Temple Run on my Samsung Galaxy S5 300?

Katherene joan May 5, 2013

I’ve downloaded Subway Surf and Temple Run which should be compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S5 300. But I couldn’t install the apps. What might cause installation to fail? Thanks!

1. Nils

i have upgrade my galaxy y s5360 ti ICS v.4.0.6 ...now what will i have to play subway surfer(IRMv7 supported app) in my handset???plz reply me...what is the next step??

• moin

u upgrade gingerbread to ics 4? is there any problem with there...or ...run smoothly on ur phone??..reply me buddy

2. Vishal Srivastava

Your device Samsung Galaxy S5300 is sold as Samsung Galaxy Pocket and the 2nd cheapest Samsung Device in my country (only one cheaper is Samsung Rex). It has an ARMv6 processor on board which uses the smaller instruction set. Subway Surfer and Temple Run are made for ARMv7 and higher devices which run a larger and more unified instruction set and hence games compiled for them will be incompatible for ARMv6. Those APKs you downloaded off the shelf won't work properly and will be very laggy. And even if you reinstall Google Play and make it run somehow, all you are going to get is the message- "Your phone is incompatible with this app/game" from Google. I am sure of this as I own a Samsung Galaxy Y GT5360 which is the third cheapest phone from Samsung in my country and it also has ARMv6 with the same problem. I've also tried running non Play Store apps but it doesn't work.

3. Chinmay Sarupria

Subway Surfer and Temple Run is NOT compatible with your phone. These games require ARMv7 processor but your phone has ARMv6.

4. Erez Zukerman

You say you've downloaded them -- are these third party APKs, or did you try to install them via Google Play?

• Katherene joan

downloaded via APK. my google play is not working. i have cleared cache. now trying to sign into my account. but coudnt.

• Erez Zukerman

Yup, I'd say that's the problem you gotta focus on solving first: Fixing Google Play. Did it work on your device before? Or is it a device that comes with no Play support?

perhaps because the nature of the processor, check here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1940227