Why can’t I find 3D Tools in Photoshop CS6?

Ankur Kansagara December 8, 2012

I installed Photoshop CS6 64-bit on my laptop with Windows 7, but 3D Tools aren’t displayed in Photoshop, and I’m not sure why?

1. Ahmed Musani

3d tools are only available in the extended version. you have to purchase it for that.

• raza

i never buy any software in my life

• Randy

I'm having a similar problem. My 3D menu item isn't showing up. It WAS there and now it's not. I've made 3D files before and now it's not there. Any ideas?

2. Tim Brookes

In the main toolbar at the top of the page (File, Edit, View etc...) there should be a drop-down that says 3D. If you have Photoshop CS6 Extended then you will see this option, if you don't see this option then you have the wrong version of Photoshop.

That's it, simple - there are no other versions.

• Jen

I have Photoshop Essentials. While running XP Pro with SP3, I had the 3D menu and was able to use it prior to the latest update of Adobe eLearning Suite, which included and update for Photoshop CS6 Essentials. After the update, the 3D menu was no longer there.

While your suggestion is in fact simple, I do not feel it's complete and therefore not accurate. I found one possible solution from the staff at Adobe, which provides an option to try.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5278553
      In my case, my system did not receive the proper signal after updating and my license needed to be reactivated. For some reason, it only provided a Standard view, although I do in fact have essentials.

get cs6 extended version for 3d tools.

4. James Hudson

does you computer's graphic card support the 3ds tools?

5. Rohit Pandey
  6. Âdil Farôôq

3D tool is in Photoshop extended you need to install that

I'm not sure, but you should have a drop-down menu on your upper right corner. It should be labeled Essentials or Basic or something. You should change it to 3D mode. I'm not sure what it's called, I still have CS4. Hope this helps.

8. Sashi Peiris

Photoshop does not have 3D tools only Photoshop Extended

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopextended.html
    Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Extended software delivers even more imaging magic, plus the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance. Retouch with greater precision, and intuitively create 3D graphics, 2D designs, and movies using new and reimagined tools and workflows.*

Photoshop CS6 3D Tutorial
    http://www.photoshopcafe.com/cs6/Photoshop3D-CS6-KN.html

10. Jan Fritsch

I haven't looked into CS6 yet but I believe you need Photoshop CS6 Extended to get the 3D tools.