Why can’t I download apps on my Samsung Galaxy S III?

Cristián T December 3, 2013

I’ve been having this problem in which my Samsung Galaxy S III (SCH-I535) running CyanogenMod 10.2 is not able to download apps. Every time I try to download, it will finish downloading but it won’t install because of “insufficient storage available.”

There is clearly more room on my phone for many more apps to download, and I don’t even have that many 3rd party apps to begin with. Please help me fix this problem. Help would be much appreciated.

There may be issues with permission settings on your phone. Go into recovery and find the option for Fix Permissions (or something to that effect). Sometimes a factory reset is needed to fix the issue (since you installed a custom ROM, it will only reset the ROM you have installed instead of resetting to factory default ROM, recovery, and unrooted state).

Recommendations for installing new ROMs are: Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache, install ROM and GApps (if necessary, as well as install custom kernel and/or modem if wanted), clear battery stats, and fix permissions. Once ROM is installed, restart device, let it boot, and do not touch your device for at least 10 minutes for the ROM to settle in. Not always the case, but there is a chance that not letting the phone settle after a fresh install may cause certain errors or erratic behavior. Again, not always the case, but it's still is recommended to do this.

Try sideloading Clean Master app and clean anything you don't want and then try downloading apps from Play store.