Why can’t I connect my iPad to the Internet wirelessly?

Jan H August 19, 2013

My iPad sees the Internet, but cannot maintain connection . We have a DSL modem and Linksys wireless router. What are we doing wrong?

1. Martin

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings. It will only affect your network settings but this works for me regularly. I wish I knew why the iPad does this, but I don't.

Jan, is it only your iPad that is having problems with the connection, or other PCs/Macs in the home as well?

• Jan H

only the ipad. pc no problem

• Oron Joffe

OK, did you try Hovsep's suggestion of resetting the network settings? Did that help?
      If not, is it that you can connect to the router and use if for a few minutes before the connection fails, or that you can't connect at all?

3. Ferdinan S

Please make sure that the DHCP server is up and running in your modem or in your linksys wireless router, then go to setting in your IPAD and go to network section. You can configure your wireless from there. Remember to insert the wireless password correctly.

4. Bakari Chavanu

Also try to re-booting your iPad.

perhaps this can help?

1) open ipad go to your home screen
    2) press the home key twice
    3) iPad screen will grey out and applications will appear at the bottom of the screen
    3) Press down on an application, you will see (-) symbol on each one
    4) click one by one, this will not delete applications
    5) Once everything done click the home screen again
    6) Go to settings then tap General then click on Reset on the bottom of the screen
    7) Click Reset Network settings and follow the procedure