Why can’t I always connect to my home PC with Teamviewer?

Dany Bouffard June 21, 2012

On one of my computers at home I get the error “WaitForConnect Failed” when trying to connect to it using Teamviewer from my job. I connect fine with other computers at home, but not this one.

A lot of times it give me this message: “The partner dont seem to be connect to the router, Error code: WaitforConnect Failed” and sometimes it works. I found a way to make it work but it seems weird. I connect to one of my other computers at home and then to the one I coudn’t connect then it connects. Is there a way to fix this properly so I can connect every time?

1. Paritosh Samant

when i go to like some thing it did not work and my chating option is not shwing in my facebook account

2. Eugene

You may also want to try this remote desktop connection http://www.ammyy.com or http://unvc.com

The first Ammyy Admin v3 is much easier as It works behind gateways NAT without port mapping and doesn’t require installation, registration and specific settings adjustments.

Literally you can connect to any PC within 20 seconds.

Good alternative though! Hope you'll like it!

• ye

Well, than you all for the answer, thou the installations and a.viruses are the same on all pcz I wrote bout...
      Than again, why in this case after TW restarted I can connect to it, why sometimes it doesn't need to be restarted...

And on my parents pc it works just fine with same options...

• ye

Thank you> I meant, of course! :)

Wonder if this Ammyy Admin v3 is safe....
        TW kind of tested and known, so it's secure...
        ... what bout this AAv3....

And again, TW working in general quiet good except this one hm... bug or something..

3. Josh

Try to disable your anti virus 1st then ur firewall to make sure no one blocks the connection for your team viewer and after that try to reinstall the team viewer without anti virus nor firewall. Hope it helps.

4. Tony Batty

Ye, i does not matter in what OS you have it and what OS the others have it the whole thing works within the Teamviewer program.

5. ye

I have problem bit similar!
    When I sign in I see parents and sisters pcs.

I always can connect to my parents pc, with no problems.
    But to my sisters pc sometimes can and sometimes can't
    (thou it shows "connecting to partner" but after while nothing hapens -
    except - "connecting..." changes to "ready to connect".
    when I can't she should restart TeamViewer, then it works again,

my pc (win.vista) - parents pc (win. vista)

my pc (win. vista) - sisters pc (win. 7)

6. Tony Batty

Hey! Dany, do you have your computer in hibernate mode??, probably that the reason, the computer must be on at all time for Teamviewer to work, I use it from Home to my Work PC and it works just fine for me.

7. Sree Kumar

Check u r home PC firewall configuration.

8. Mihovil Pletikos

i also had the same problem.... usually it is problem with firewall.... but it sometimes just didn't work, that's why i moved to logmein instead of teamviewer

Hello, is this computer using a different operating system? Is this system have a different firewall? One of the advantages of teamviewer is that usually a router does not block the connection and neither does the firewall when the client is allowed in a computer. Is the setup different for this computer? Have you checked the logs for errors?

A possibility would be that for this system the service/teamviewer client is not running for some reason. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling teamviewer in the computer giving you problems?

10. ryandigweed0

did you check if your check router settings? Is your windows firewall allowing Teamviewer

Have you tried reaching it from another computer?

Try reinstalling teamviewer or something, since all your other computers at home work. Is it running on Wifi? maybe the Wifi signal drops or something? maybe it's discconnecting randomly.

11. Oron

As Ha14 suggests, check your log files (both on your home machine and on the client). You could also try contacting the Teamviewer support team directly. In my experience they are always very helpful!
    (that said, I have a commercial licence and I'm not sure if they offer the same level of support to personal users, but no harm in trying!).

12. Sri Swaminathan Vanarasi

from ur explaination i feel that team viewer app is having prob with firewall so edit firewall settings and add team viewer to the list and allow to connect to network

13. shaurya boogie

try using some other remote client like LogMeIn and see if it works or just reinstall teamview on your pc.

well this can be internet connection problem, perhaps to reset internet connection on your home computer? reinstall network driver...

check the log file should be TeamViewer under "Extras"->"Open log files and see any error signs then perhaps to contact their support team

15. C

As per your reply, you mentioned sometimes works. If yes, please try to do a router restart. Most likely this cost by the router was heavily in use (torrent usage heavy at that particular time). hope this helps.

16. C

Its hard to figure from your explanation. However, try to go the normal routine. Please check your firewall setting on that particular pc. This normally caused if the firewall block the connection.

Did you try to temporarily off your firewall and connect? If you able to access, means you need to enable the ip connection to your that particular pc.

Hope this helps.