Why can’t I access my Facebook account even after providing a government ID?

lawrence May 24, 2013

I received an email from Facebook asking me if I had added another email address to my account. I click on the option that stated that I had not added that email address to my account. Then I received another email from Facebook which stated that it came from the same server and did I know how this happened or who had done it. I responded that I didn’t know. Then they locked my account. When I tried to sign in, it requested that I sign in on one of three browsers or send them a photo of a government ID. I tried both. At one point it appeared that they let me change my password, but they still are requesting that I sign in on one of three browsers. When I do this, I get the same message that my account has been locked and click on a message to answer some questions. When I click on it, I get the request to sign on using one of the three browsers. Around and around the mulberry bush I go.

1. Rajdeepak Singh

I probably think it might be a spam and your account may have been hacked.
    Try to contact facebook through one of your friends who is added in your friends list.Ask him to to goto help section->security->My Friend's Account and use my friends facebook account has been hacked link.

are you sure the email you received was not spam email? if it is then perhaps you have to alert facebook
    4 Things To Do Immediately When Your Facebook Account Is Hacked
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-immediately-facebook-account-hacked/

Instagram and Facebook want some users to upload photo ID
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Instagram-and-Facebook-want-some-users-to-upload-photo-ID_id39139

For better security of Facebook, you have setup to keep a track of all the devices and various browsers through which you are logging into Facebook. Facebook keeps a track history of all these browsers and devices under your Facebook Security section. You can physically also delete the history if you wish. From your comment, it seems that now they have a history track of either three different devices from which you have logged in or three different browsers of the same device from which you have logged. So now to authenticate, you have to login from either of them. However, a big catch is, if you have cleared the browser history and cache, next time when you try to login, Facebook security treats it like another new device or browser and makes a new entry to the Security devices history. Probably that is exactly what is happening in your case, where you may have cleaned the browser history and cache, therefore the same browser is getting treated a a new one and is not matching the device history log maintained by Facebook.