Why can I not turn on the wireless device in Windows 8?

Danny Roy Jenuil II February 9, 2013

I just did a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z470 a few days ago. After using it for a while, today, I noticed that I couldn’t get connected to the Internet via my home wireless network. Clicking on the network icon from the system tray does not show any available wireless networks and from the network menu, it says “WiFi (Off)”.

At first, I thought maybe it was my router which is having problems, but my iPad and my phone are successfully connected to my home wireless network and the Internet also works fine using those devices. I tried to turn on my wireless device via Windows 8 PC settings, but it seems that the on/off slider of my wireless device is being disabled as I couldn’t click on it to turn it on. The Flight Mode is also turned off and I had already installed all the latest Windows 8 updates prior to this problem.

It would be appreciated if anyone could help me with this complicated problem as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.