Why can I not open pictures I uploaded to my PC from my iPhone?

Rachael Hendry May 13, 2013

I uploaded all my pics from my iPhone and selected for them to be erased from my phone once upload completed, only to find that now I cannot open the files!

1. null

Maybe its windows image and fax viewer, that thing is kind of crappy. Try opening them with Xnview or fast stone.

2. Chinmay Sarupria

Did you copy it successfully?

1) Connect iPhone to PC.

2) Open My Computer.

3) Double click on iPhone.

4) Open DCIM folder.

5) Select multiple pictures by holding down CTRL.

6) Right click and hit Cut or press Ctrl + X.

7) Navigate to the desired location and press Ctrl + V or right click > paste.

If you can see the files, what extension do they have and what program are you trying to open them with?

4. yudics

maybe the transfer proccess is not done successfully or with other word that the transfer got failed during the transfer proccess, try to transfer it again. sometimes if your files is too big, split onto two proccess of transfer is a good idea

What is the picture format. Right click on one of the picture and see the application association. After Right click, click on open and see the option you are getting. If you see applications, try to open with them or mention here what you see.

In what way are they not opening? Can you see the files but you get an error when you double click on them? If so, what is the error?
    Just in case, if the file names don't end with .jpg, add that to the file name and try again!

how about to try via dropbox?

how you uploaded pictures to iphone?