Why can I not download apps from Google Play with Xperia T?
Question by Russell Platen /

I can’t download anything from Google Play. If I accept the download, it just runs, sometimes for the whole day and the phone doesn’t show you a download meter that tells you how far your download is.
This is a new phone and without being able to downloawd stuff from the app store, the phone is useless. The phone has the latest software.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk

• Nevzat Akkaya

Whenever I have problems with downloading apps from Google Play, my usual solution comes from removing, and then re-adding Google account. Generally it’s caused by restoring Google account settings by an app like Titanium Backup. * You need to refresh your Google Account Settings. * There is also another cause for this, you may be out of sd storage space. Check free spaces from Settings-Storage section.

• Márcio Guerra

Hi! Did you started the download from your pc (either mac, pc, linux, whatever) or directly from the phone? Recently I got my phone upgraded and can’t order the download from my pc, only from phone…

Good luck with that and if solved please gives us feedback!

Cheers

Márcio Guerra

• Ahmed Musani

check your google play version.. it is a possiblility that it might not be updated although google play is updated automatically. also check if firmware updates are available. if yes update.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

just check whether you are not under a proxy. I had the problem where, my service provider has added a proxy address to the APN. with the proxy, I was unable to download using Gplay.

• salim benhouhou

maybe the apps you are trying to install are not compatible with your phone

• Micheal

maybe you should update your google play.

upfate your firmware, if it doesnt help then reset or hard reset (do a backup first)

Troubleshooting Download Issues
    http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1067233
    •Make sure you’ve cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here’s how: 1.Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
    2.Tab over to “All”
    3.Select the Google Play Store app, and then tap “Clear data” and “Clear cache;” then, select Download manager and tap “Clear data” and “Clear cache”