Why can I not download apps from Google Play with Xperia T?

Russell Platen January 7, 2013

I can’t download anything from Google Play. If I accept the download, it just runs, sometimes for the whole day and the phone doesn’t show you a download meter that tells you how far your download is.
This is a new phone and without being able to downloawd stuff from the app store, the phone is useless. The phone has the latest software.

1. Nevzat Akkaya

Whenever I have problems with downloading apps from Google Play, my usual solution comes from removing, and then re-adding Google account. Generally it's caused by restoring Google account settings by an app like Titanium Backup. * You need to refresh your Google Account Settings. * There is also another cause for this, you may be out of sd storage space. Check free spaces from Settings-Storage section.

2. Márcio Guerra

Hi! Did you started the download from your pc (either mac, pc, linux, whatever) or directly from the phone? Recently I got my phone upgraded and can't order the download from my pc, only from phone...

Good luck with that and if solved please gives us feedback!

Márcio Guerra

3. Ahmed Musani

check your google play version.. it is a possiblility that it might not be updated although google play is updated automatically. also check if firmware updates are available. if yes update.

4. Dimal Chandrasiri

just check whether you are not under a proxy. I had the problem where, my service provider has added a proxy address to the APN. with the proxy, I was unable to download using Gplay.

5. salim benhouhou

maybe the apps you are trying to install are not compatible with your phone

6. Micheal

maybe you should update your google play.

upfate your firmware, if it doesnt help then reset or hard reset (do a backup first)

Troubleshooting Download Issues
    •Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how: 1.Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
    2.Tab over to "All"
    3.Select the Google Play Store app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"