Why can I not access Facebook in Internet Explorer 8?

Lekha Shivashanker November 12, 2012

Cannot access my Facebook account since the past five days. It is logged in, and the page is blank. Can’t access inbox and posts, also can’t log out. So please help.

1. Vedavyas Paruchuri

clean history, cache of the browser or once download and install the software ccleaner and run it. It will clear all cache or history. Then once you log in to your fb account

2. Declan Lopez

try clearing your history and cookies.

3. James West

my advice. get firefox or chrome. IE kinda sucks.

Also would suggest to check for Browser Hijack.

This may happen due to your browser getting hijacked by spyware / malware so also do check for those stuff alongwith virus issues. But first step would be obviously to clear all cookies, temp files and then check if it resolves the issue or not.

5. Douglas Mutay

If you're still having the problem even after clearing your cache and temps file, I think the best option will be to try another browser. Chrome will be the best choice...just a question, why are you still using IE??? :-)

• dragonmouth

Maybe because it is the default browser in Windows? (grin)

6. Aswin Kumar K P

Just move on to firefox or chrome....That's the wise idea...

haven't you heard the phrase "Internet Explorer the best browser to download other Browsers" ....LoL..:)

7. Daniel Ooi

Clearing cache/temporary internet files should do the trick. You should switch to a newer browser anyway. IE 8 is vintage.

8. Drew Butler

The comments above should help with your issue... Just wanted to add you may consider using a different browser to avoid further problems. IE is full of security holes. Everyone has their own preferences(a lot of my friends use Firefox) but I like chrome due to the fact its fast and bookmarks and apps that I use are automatically synced with my phone.

If you are interested in switching pretty much all the browsers important your bookmarks and settings from IE and this is usually just a 1-click procedure.

Anyways... just thought I'd add my two cents for your consideration. Everyone have a great day!

yap using other browsers can also help to find out if it is IE issues or Windows.

9. Dimal Chandrasiri

try using another browser! it'll help you!

1) go to start
    2) type cmd and right click then choose As administrator
    3) type: ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
    4) then type: ipconfig /registerdns and hit enter

perhaps to reinstall adobe flash player, adobe shockwave plaer, java

Lekha,

Did you try to clear cookies and cache / temporary internet files in Internet Explorer?
    Follow the instructions here:
    http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=12314

Note that this will clear all your auto-logins and you will have to log again into any websites where your login was stored.