Why can I no longer load Facebook in Chrome?
Question by Michelle Fleitman /

I have used Google Chrome for almost a year and play on Facebook daily.

Then one day I tried to log into Google / Facebook as homepage and I can’t get it to load the wheel. Just goes around and around and it never loads. Yet Firefox and Internet Explorer will load Facebook and I can talk and play games.

Why can’t I play on Chrome anymore?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Vedavyas Paruchuri

If you are unable to open facebook in chrome then try other browser.

• tinas

This answer is not very helpful. And why would you bother to answer such an old question if it has been answered quite thoroughly already?

• luis donis

cache clean install chrome or supplements missing flash player or java

• Giggity Goebbels

Reinstall chrome and see results

• Vishal Srivastava

1. Update Chrome
    2. Configure your proxy (if any) and server settings
    3. Disable Extensions and plugins

• Duy Nguyen Minh

Download Adobe flash Player newest. And update Chrome newest.

• Abba Jee

once i had same problem in chrome i,m not fan of chrome though i love firefox , but when i had that problem like you i deleted its temp files , cache , history everything … and it started working for me you can do the same… who knows if it works for you too :) wish you best of luck :)

• Zhong Jiang

Possibly the server may be down. Have you tried the access the website more than one attempt? Modify your Chrome settings, such as your proxy might help you to load the page.

• Nikhil Chandak

remove all the extensions from ur chrome , and then try
    or re-install ur chrome or download a new version of it …

• Sri Vamsy Gurram

Try Disabling plugins…could be a problem with the scripts it load.
    Also use CCleaner to clear old cache and temp files.

• Saikat Basu

Another reader faced a similar problem last year. Look into the solutions contributed by other readers here – http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/chrome-suddenly-inability-load-facebook/

Also, try running it in the Incognito mode and see if it helps. That could point to a problem due to extensions (i.e. if an extension is not enabled to run in this mode).