Why can I no longer click and follow links in my email accounts in Windows 8?

Christine St Syr Griffin March 27, 2013

My new netbook running pre-installed Windows 8 stopped letting me click and follow links that are provided in my email accounts today.

Could it be my security system? That is the only thing that has changed.

I hope there is not a limit on how many questions I can ask in a weeks time. :-) thanks ever so much, Christine.

Although,you may know,check whether these emails are also blocking images and other contents,whether the sender is new and the email provider initially blocks them for your security.

You can temporarily allow them by clicking on show images and content if using Gmail and clicking on the link saying ~ to temporarily allow content if using Outlook.

Check that Chrome is your default browser with full access.
    You can do this in Default Programs which you wil find in the Control Panel.

delete cookies...try to reinstall chrome

• Christine St Syr Griffin

hi ha, uninstall, than reinstall? I know this is probably elementary to you, I just want to make sure. one more thing please install from apps on windows 8? or google? I guess it doesn't matter, windows 8 will probably redirect anyways. as always your help is very appreciated, christine

google chrome is always uptodate so you can use google webpage to download and install
      you can also try windows store if you feel google page is more vulnerable?
      http://www.windows8appstore.com/search/?k=google+chrome&=

i thought you were asking for Linux?
      Browser: Chrome 25
      System: Linux