Why can I no longer access Facebook with Chrome when it works fine with MSN?

Paul Chaffee November 16, 2012

This happened after trying to block some ads on Facebook, with AdBlock! Maybe I should take down AdBlock. That doesn’t make sense though. I’ve uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it; still can’t get into Facebook, though MSN takes me right in. But I want to stay with Chrome.

1. luis donis

if using ccleaner clears the cache of Chrome and see whether it resolves the problem

Use Ccleaner to deleate history and cache of Chrome.

3. Yiz Borol

What is MSN?
    For chrome I would recommend disabling all addons/extensions and then trying again.

4. Imesh Chandrasiri

try to completely uninstall chrome and use a registry cleaner! since reg keys get left over, this might make the confusion!

Switch to Firefox and install GreaseMonkey. There are a couple of scripts you then install to remove all Facebook ad's. one is Facebook Ad Remover which I use and is really good.

6. dragonmouth

If you want to be able to access Facebook with Chrome you will have to disable or uninstall AdBlock. MSN takes you in because it does not block Facebook ads. You have a decision to make - Do you want Facebook or Do you want to be free from ads.

You nearly answered your own question! Try disabling all of your addons and extensions and see if it connects.
    If it does then enable them one by one to find the offending addon. A good start would be Adblocker which you may have set up incorrectly.

8. Aswin Kumar Nayakann

Even re installing the chrome may leave some of the registry files and settings alive.You may need to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller and do a complete installation.Then you will be getting FB in Chome.