Why are there faint diagonal lines from the top left to bottom right of my laptop’s display?

Ang Boon Ping June 9, 2013

There are some very faint diagonal lines on my laptop screen. It is only obvious when you are looking closely on pages with that are clear or are in a very light color. Anyone knows how to solve this?

From a quick internet search, this seems to be a common problem with no immediate solution presented.

2. Tina Sieber

I don't know what causes these diagonal lines and thus I don't know how you might be able to get rid of them.

Should your display get worse and you cannot find a way to fix it, you might want to look into replacing the screen. I recently broke my own laptop display and replaced it. It's neither very difficult, nor very expensive and it's definitely worth the effort and investment if your laptop is rather new!

Busted – How To Deal With a Broken Screen On Your Laptop

3. Ashutosh Kushwaha

hmm, i think it's bcoz of incorrect vga driver. Try to update the VGA driver, if problem is not solved then also, then it may be a hardware fault.

4. Leland Whitlock

It could also be from a cable linking the screen to the laptop failing; if so opening up the machine to reconnect the screen may help. If you want to give some specifics on your machine I can find you some additional information if you want to attempt repairs yourself. Otherwise find someone who specializes in laptop repair. Good luck.

5. Paul Vi

Could you please post a screenshot?

perhaps because polarizing layer of the screen if your laptop screen has one
    http://www.screentekinc.com/resource-center/linear-polarizer.shtml
    if it is you need repair center