Why are some apps not showing up in Google Play?

Kevin Dunleavy May 23, 2012

I’ve just got a new Android tablet. It’s a cheap Ployer Momo 9 with Ice Cream Sandwich. A lot of apps are available in Google Play, but there are important ones like Evernote missing.

I’ve been searching for a solution online, but I can’t seem to find one. Is there a work around?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Kevin Dunleavy

Thanks for the responses, it does say my device is not supported when I view them using the web interface. It also says my device is unrecognised. The whole thing is quite strange because my friend has a tablet with near identical specs (resolution, android version etc.) and he does not have this problem.

Are there any work arounds? I know I can just manually install apks but I feel like that a security issue because I don't know any reliable sources for them.

• Dalsan

Install Lookout Mobile internet security as it is an antivirus and firewall for your mobile, amongst backup, phone finder with GPS locater, make your phone scream even on silent if you can't find it, and even destroy all info remotely in case the device is stolen, but this will help if you do install anything on your device to find anything that has a virus. Then download a market unlocker to gain access to all apps, but be aware that if your device's resolution isn't compatible, the app will not show properly.

Hello, the apps available for any device are dependant on the service provider and also the device specs. Maybe your tablet is not compatible with the app

3. GamerJunkdotNet

Your device isn't supported. The resolution or OS version of your device can cause this.

4. Chris Hoffman

The apps may not support your device. Try opening Google Play on the web and signing in with the same Google account. You'll see a message about whether the app is compatible or not.

For example, open the Evernote page here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote&hl=en

It should say whether it's compatible or not, assuming you're logged in.