Why are my answers not appearing on the MakeUseOf Answers questions?

Harshit J June 11, 2013

This happens many times. I answer a question. It appears in my profile. But the answer never appears on the answer page itself. For example, I answered this question and it appears on my profile but even after so many days, my answer is still not showing up on the page.

I think I am may have lost many points because of that. I tried opening the same question page in other browsers but it still does not show up.

Please help.

1. Tina Sieber

Comments are held in moderation if they contain links, keywords that we filter for, or if someone comments for the first time.

We moderate comments several times a day. If your comment / answer wasn't published after more than 24 hours, then it was either spammed or trashed.

I found two of your comments in the Trash. One from two days ago in which you used foul language. In the second one from end of May you posted a link to a software that is on our ban list.

• Harshit J

Can I receive email notification to inform me about the wrong answers posted? Then I will be able to correct the answer.

• macwitty

I understand that you wee keep the site free from spam. Saying that, keeping all answers that contain links for moderation becomes a bit problematic. When I last replied to a question about the best tutorials for photoshop, there was only one answer. I went through my bookmarks for such and chose the one I think is the best. Now, when I visit the page, there are several replies in a row with the same link. First, my job was completely unnecessary, second it looks like we are idiots who post the same answer after each other. I do not really know how to solve it but it is not good as it is.

• Tina Sieber

Harshit, I'm afraid we do not provide notifications for deleted comments.

Macwitty, I don't see this as an issue. Different people recommending the same tool just re-confirms that it's a valuable tool.

The best way to prevent duplicates is by moderating comments faster.

• Harshit J

I will try my best in future not to post any wrong thing. Thanks for your reply. Also, if possible, can there be special web page which shows from which question or comment on articles, I recently received likes? It becomes very difficult to know which answers were liked and what comment was liked by people.

2. Leland Whitlock

If you go to your profile it will show the last 25 comments which include any answers you have made. Once the answer has been moderated it shows up.

• Harshit J

I posted my answer about more than 2 weeks ago I think. So, it is in moderation from then?

3. Chinmay Sarupria

Your comment is held for moderation. This happens because you may have posted links.