Why are Facebook notification numbers on my account changing constantly?

Lorene Collinge January 23, 2013

Ok, this is driving me crazy! For more than a week now, I log on to Facebook and at first I see, let’s say 12 notifications. As soon as my page loads completely, the number drops to 7, or 8.

Today it was 32, then within seconds it drops to 19. This is happening over and over. I am thinking someone is commenting on a pic or two.. or three… that has been hidden from my view.

Can anyone answer this? VERY STRANGE!

1. PRASHANTH SINGH RATHORE

This is an common problem when first the fb opens it generally loads some of the old notification an later on settles down showing correct notification

2. Safvan Vhora

This happen because your friends post notification and after some time they Erase.

3. Ashwin Ramesh

I think you have facebook open in two or more devices. Check it out. Head over to your "Security Settings" and click on "Active Sessions". In the dropdown, click on "End Activity" wherever you want to end your facebook activity. If this is not the case, then it might be a bug. Try reporting to facebook.

4. Ahmed Khalil

every time you browse the posts on face book the no notification shall reduced but because another set of posts can added from time to time so the no increases again
    this action make it changes by the time up or down

5. José Antonio Estrada Monares

Maybe if your phone has facebook too and it's open, facebook notifications are taken as if you already saw them, or maybe just people post things and erase them, or like status and then just dislike them again.