Why are comments missing on my MakeUseOf profile page?
Question by Rajaa Chowdhury /

I have my Facebook ID as my MakeUseOf login ID and Outlook.com, Google+, Twitter and Yahoo plugin integrated. When I log in with my Facebook ID and post comments and answers, they appear under the last 25 comments section of my MakeUseOf profile page.

However, when I just post the comments or the answers without logging in and by just typing in my Yahoo Mail ID, I notice that even the next day, those comments do not show up in my last 25 comments on the profile page.

Ideally, they should be integrated and show up in the last 25 comments in my profile page, because I am pretty sure that I do get the points for them and even the profile icon is pulled out successfully in those comment posting. Is it a bug that needs to be fixed?

• Boni Oloff

I see this has been resolved. But if i face this kind of problem than i will claer all my firefox data first and relogin to the MOU.

• josemon maliakal

may be deleting your cache will help

• Naveen Kumar

since your are using chrome try it with Firefox and see………….

• Nikhil Chandak

first log out from ur makeuseof account & then login again
    or try in another good browser
    i hope this helps u ….

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

No. It’s normal. You’re not counted as logging in if you just type your email address. The profile icon appears successfully might be because it’s a gravatar, tied directly to your email address. If you want the comment to appear on your profile page, login before you start commenting.

Lisa is right. The problem is that you are not logged in. It doesn’t matter that you use an email address associated with your account. The system only recognizes comments posted when you are logged in.

The point system apparently looks for your email address and doesn’t depend on you being logged in, though. I think this has been fixed in the meantime or will be soon.