Why am I seeing mysterious likes from myself on Facebook?

Cristina Muñoz June 16, 2013

Is there anything that can take control of Facebook and like stuff from time to time without our permission?

If yes, how can I get rid of it?

If not, what is causing this behavior?

Thanks.

1. Omstavan Samant

It mostly happens that while liking, you see some name and like the page, but later the page owner renames the page to something you don't recognize. In ads of pages (which show up on the right side coloumn), the heading/picture is something to draw your interest but the page actually is of something else. Best way to avoid it is to open the page and see what it is before hitting like!

2. Adil Farooq

I think you have used your facebook account for taking some likes on your pics or something.
    If you have used any such kind of website they have your account API so they are giving likes to other as well from your account.

3. document imaging

Just change your id and password

4. yuitre_

Rogue app that has got permission to post likes on your behalf I suppose. The worst case scenario would be your account being compromised. What you should do now:
    -Change you password, ASAP
    -Enable 2 step login verification
    -Enable secure browsing (HTTPS)
    -Set login approvals when using your account on an unknown device
    -Check your app permission settings
    -Remove any apps that look suspicious
    Best of luck!

• Cristina Muñoz

This is what I though.

I changed the pass a lot of times. I have the verification and everything, no new entries has been registered, so that's why I think is some type of worm, virus or something. But I don't really know how to get rid of it

5. thejay_0

Likes on facebook or on other websites ?
    possibly, you click it by mistake or website owner hides the like button behind other links.

• Cristina Muñoz

On pages/groups of Facebook. No, it wasn't me, and no mistake. "Something" or "somebody" do it.

• thejay_0

We can only guess from here, if there are no apps.
      https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

Check your activity log.
      It will show the exact time of your like activities when you hover on them.
      Find out whether you were using your computer or mobile during that time.