Why am I not able to see files on my Android phone when connected to laptop through Bluetooth?

Rahul Nayal April 20, 2013

I am using Galaxy Fit (S5670) phone and I have connected the phone to laptop (Acer AOD270) through Bluetooth. When I am trying to access the files in my phone through laptop, the folders in the phone are not displaying any data. Please suggest some solution. Thanks.

1. Vishal Srivastava

The reason is a simple one- Android protects its folder from being viewed by external devices until explicitly allowed by the user. Also, it's a fact that the folders will not be visible but the files can be set to be visible. This is what you should do- Suppose you a have file A in folder B that you want your laptop should have access to. Go to your default app manager, open Folder B, press the menu key and from the menu choose Bluetooth Visibility option. It'll show you all the files (and not folders) present in Folder B that can be set to visible. Set it to visible and you should be able to access it via laptop. THIS IS THE RIGHT SOLUTION BUT IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DON'T USE IT. Any device having a bluetooth can then access those files. It's best if you send the files over to laptop using Android's Share option and Bluetooth option in it until and unless you desire that multiple devices be able to access your files.

2. Uchitha Jayathissa

You can get it in the MyComputer if its correctly installed. or use a ftp server in the phone.

on menu do you have like Device Service? if yes click on it and scroll to File Transfer, now choose it and set files (Shared Folders) to be transferred

are you using a file explorer? try EStrongs File Explorer
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&

bluetooth file transfer.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.medieval.blueftp&