Why am I having problems with Flash and what can I do about it?
Question by Christopher Webb-Orenstein /

So I’ve been having issues with Flash lately. Warning boxes appearing on Time.com telling me that code has had trouble executing. Videos haven’t been playing properly. I tried updating the Flash to the newest version which seems to have helped a bit but not completely.

Any suggestions?

• Rakesh G R

i know ppl already put it here but simply the best way is to change ur browser…..preferably to chrome….

• Douglas Mutay

The truth is that it’s not impossible to install Flash player but it might be difficult if you have Mac OS version 10.3 or earlier, or if your Mac does not have an Intel processor. So if it’s the case for you use these link to get the correct version of your mac: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player

• Dimal Chandrasiri

try in a different browser! chrome maybe! it supports built in flash!

• Deekshith Allamaneni

If you are on Mac, then better use Chrome over Safari as it has in-built latest version of flash player. The problem you are facing might be because of Adobe’s lack of support for your OS. It has already dropped support officially for Mobile devices and Linux. May be it is doing the same with MAC. No problem, if your OS does not have support for latest version of Flash, then use Google Chrome.

I am usu a Firefox user but still when it comes to flash support, Chrome excels, at-least on non-windows operating systems.

• Harry Barnes

install google chrome browser, it’ll do you lots of good, and be super speedy……..yay!

paste the lines into Safari’s address bar if you’ve any trouble locating them. Trash the whole folder, Safari will create new ones next time it runs.
    ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/

• Sean A

If I were you I would se chrome since installing Flash on a Mac is near impossible just go with an integrated version that will not cause problems

• Drew Butler

I dont know much about apple products and programs other than mobile applications.. after trying other advise that is sure to come soon I would suggest giving apple tech support a call. I have a few friends that work from their tech dept and have heard great things about them. The agents I know are based in the states which is a bonus IMO… good luck with your issue , hope this helps

How did you get Flash on your Mac in the first place? For years, Apple has deemed Flash a plague and as a result they do not include it on their systems. It even appears that they went to some lengths to make it difficult to install it later even if the user wants it.