Why am I getting a “No Sim Card” error on my LG C800?

Chimaroke Amaike January 8, 2013

I have an LG C800. I have been using it for a while now. Few weeks back, a SIM card with an error icon on it appeared at the top of the screen. Since then, I can’t make/receive calls. I can’t send and receive text messages and I can’t connect to the internet with my phone.

When I try to make a call, I get the “Not Registered on Network” message. When the phone is locked (pressing the power button gently), “No Sim Card” is displayed on the screen.

It’s a T-mobile branded phone, but its unlocked. If I insert SIM card from other providers, I would be able to tell which provider it is from the phone.

I have thought about rooting the phone, but I don’t know if it would solve the problem.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

1. Bayo

i am also experiencing the same problem here. tried hard resetting didn't fix it. also updating firmware was not succesful as i have the most recent one.Tried repairing using LG tool but also that was unsuccesful .

2. Ahmed Musani

reset your phone to factory settings or try updating your firmware. that should fix the problem.

Since,it was released on November 2011 and assuming your phone to be less than 1 year old,then you might try to get free warranty service.Ask T-Mobile to give your service and then they might replace your phone or do something else to help you out.

May be the SIM is broken. Contact your SIM provider for a replacement or for more help.

• Chimaroke Amaike

Thanks for the tip but i tried the same sim on other phones and they worked just fine.

5. maria

try to reboot it.

see if you can update firmware, or soft reset the phone or hard reset (first do a backup).

• Chimaroke Amaike

Thanks ha14. I will try updating the firmware. i have tried hard and soft reset several times but no luck.

also perhaps the sim card reader is faulty, or do not accept this specific one.