Why is no incoming email delivered to my Hotmail inbox, spam or otherwise?
Question by Mark Berberich /

I’ve been having a problem with my Hotmail account for quite a while with links and buttons not working correctly. Last week, on Wednesday, Sept. 5, I received my last incoming email to that account. Is there anything that I can do that I have not already done?

I’ve followed all the suggestions from the techs at Microsoft Answers to no avail. To reiterate, I am receiving absolutely no incoming mail of any kind, not even to the spam folder. I have tried on both Chrome and IE9 with the same results. I even opened another temporary Hotmail account that seems to be working properly.

Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sharion Carter

I couldn’t get any hotmail on my smartphone. So i deleted it so i could reinstall. Now it says the certificate wasn’t trusted. Now i can’t reinstall. I need my email.

• matthew

i can’t receive emails on my hotmail account through android phone

• derek

i am having trouble with my hotmail for the past six day’s i have no message’s in my hotmail at all ..and yet when i am on facebook there are message’s but i can not accesses them can you help me please ..if by me sending this message to you’s how can i read this if i cannot see the message myself in my hotmail. thank you from derek

• Mark

Hi Derek. I simply deleted my Hotmail account and went with gmail instead. It works a whole lot better and doesn’t have any of the snafus Hotmail has.

• Towcester

Hi Mark,
      Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I now have what seems the exact same problem!

• Mark

No. I never did get a good answer so instead of continuing to fix the Hotmail issue I simply eliminated that account and went with gmail, which works 100x better and is more user friendly than Hotmail ever thought of being.

perhaps your current hotmail address is hacked somehow?

Show all messages? Alt + V, Show or hide,

Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server Settings for Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, GMail, MSN, AOL and more

• Mark

That’s what I was thinking at first but I can access all aspects of Hotmail except that I am not receiving any incoming email of any kind, from any source/sender. Thank you for your reply.

• ferdinan Sitohang

if you have another email account such as yahoo or gmail, try to send and email to that account, and see whether it is coming to your gmail or yahoo. If you can see that message in your account, just reply it and then check your hotmail/outlook account. If you receive the the message in the hotmail, then your email working properly, but if not, check your other email to see if you got an error or something, if not, then you do a directly forwarding incoming message or your account setting is block all message coming from outside. Thanks

• Mark

I have already sent emails from my Hotmail account to my other email accounts, and they all received them perfectly. No prob there. When I replied to the Hotmail account, the email never showed up in the inbox. Same when I simply sent a new email directly. I have also forwarded emails from two other accounts to my Hotmail account with not one of them being delivered to my Hotmail inbox. I also have had friends send emails to my Hotmail account but none of them have been delivered either. I have checked all settings and there is nothing other than the standard spam filter in effect. So far, no positive results. Thank you for your reply.

• Aditya Roy

Go to MXToolbox.com & do a few tests on your domain for blacklists, RDNS etc

• Mark

I don’t know what this information is telling me. While I am not computer illiterate, there are many things that I do not know about; one of them is the tests that this site does. BTW, I am able to log into my Hotmail account, change settings, password, filters, etc. The only apparent problem is that there is zero email being delivered to my inbox. I have logged in on a couple of different computers with the same issue on each one of them. So, it is not my computer that is the problem, nor does it seem that there is a problem with the Hotmail domain, other than they are not delivering my email to me. Thank you for your help.

• Tug Ricks

I was having a similar issue when my email was being forward to my Gmail account. Upon forwarding the new mail, all emails in my Hotmail account were being deleted. Are you forwarding your mail? Just a thought.

• Mark

Thanks for replying. I am not having an issue with emails being deleted, just that they are not being delivered to me at all. Again, this includes to the spam (junk) folder as well. I can send emails to anyone but am not receiving anything incoming.

• mohit kumar

Go to account settings and check if you have blocked any incoming mail or activated on-vacation settings. Also try accessing your hotmail from http://outlook.com

• Mark

I have already checked all my settings. There are no apparent blocks to any incoming emails except for the standard spam filter. I have also logged in from outlook.com, but the same thing there, no incoming emails of any kind. Thank you for trying to help.

• Mark

Thank you for your reply. I have already checked my settings, and there are no blocks for incoming email except for the standard spam/junk filter, which is set to standard. I also am not set to on-vacation.

• Mark

After logging in using outlook.com, I find the same situation: no incoming mail of any kind. Thanks again for trying to help. :)