Which webcam glasses are best for a.) taking best quality video b.) being unobtrusive?

Joseph Videtto January 11, 2013

I’ve seen a number of videos which are taken from the perspective of the user (e.g. skiing and skateboarding).

Which webcam glasses are:
1.) most commonly used for this purpose
2.) provide the best results (given your particular experience with different products)
3.) are the most unobtrusive – if you wanted to wear them throughout the day.

Also – how do the images captured from these glasses differ from the perception of your eyes (in terms of clarity, field of view, etc). ?

Hi Joe, as usual, it's difficult for us to say what would be "best", but a very popular model is the "Action Cam", which is a little cylinder which mounts onto a helmet. It certainly produces good results. It can't be described as unobtrusive, but it's not big.

I've also seen some videos taken using skiing glasses which were very impressive. I think (based on a search I did right now, rather than actually remembering), that it's called the "Ski Liquid". Although not cheap, the camera is completely embedded in the goggles, which meets your requirement of being unobtrusive (you can still see the small lens in the middle of the googles, so it's not covert, but certainly not obtrusive).