Which web space service is the best?
Question by Ziaur /

There are several web services like iCloud, Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc. Between those web services, which one offers most space and other features free of cost?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Achraf Almouloudi

I believe Dropbox is the best if you can refer your friends you can get up to 18 Gb of their genuine cloud storage which can sync between all your Windows, Mac, Linux and Android devices, other than that Skydrive works best if you have Windows 8 and if you happen to have an account from few years ago you will have an amazing 25 Gb of storage, if you don’t you will get 7 Gb anyway, while iCloud is for Apple guys, though it can sync with Windows it just won’t seem natural. There is also Google Drive which offers 7 Gb and can sync with a variety of devices, but it really depends on what you will use your cloud storage for. If you can really refer your friends then Dropbox is the most developing one and I can recommend it for long term storage.

• Ziaur Rahman

I do like Dropbox. But on the site they need donation. And also they write on the site “All of the maintaining is done by volunteers of the Dropbox community. However, keeping the site up does cost money. Please donate to support Dropbox”.

If i store me files on the Dropbox and after that if the site close for lack of donations.

So what to do?

• Achraf Almouloudi

I am not sure where did you read this, can you please point me with a link ? because, as far as I know, the Dropbox startup is now a profitable business and has a lot of funding and there is really a little chance for it to close in the near time, so I can safely say it’s the best place to store your files if you’re serious about cloud storage.

• Ziaur Rahman

One of my friend told me that Dropbox run on donation, and he also quote me this from dropbox site.

So it is safe to create account on Dropbox.

• Achraf Almouloudi

Seriously, you didn’t even bother to create an account at Dropbox and you say they run on donation just because some of your friendS told you that. Well, seriously, go CREATE an account there, they are the best and by the way, they make a lot of money by selling premium accounts and enterprise account with a lot of storage and features and they have over $150 million in funding by venture investors to expand, so one can safely assume that they are here to stay. You should be using it.

• Paul Pruitt

If you are talking about web hosting, look at dreamhost.com, http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?683702. Note the link has my affiliate ID but I have been with them 2 1/2 years and love the company. You get unlimited storage. You can use a free ftp program like Filezilla, http://filezilla-project.org/, to access your space.

The special thing about Dreamhost is they give you command shell access from shared hosting without having to ask for special dispensation. So any time you can have access to your folder’s Linux location using a command window like the free PuTTY: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.

• Anonymous user

What exactly do you want? Webspace? Webspace means space for hosting a website.

The ones you mentioned (Dropbox, etc.) are not really made for hosting a website ;)

• Rajnish Ranjan

Adrive 50GB personal Basic

I would say cubby. It has been introduced before in MUO.

They have unlimited syncing between computer(without cloud, that is) and you can get up to 25GB+5GB of cloud storage just by inviting others to use it!!

• Junil Maharjan

I would go with skydrive for space which gives 7 GB free but for ease i would go for dropbox though it only gives 5 GB free, 500 MB more if you’ve got an app in your smartphone for photo storage. I got 25 GB free from Skydrive, due to a scheme they offered once.

The comparison article of various services was done at MakeUseOf in May, 2012. Kindly refrence it at http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cloud-storage-showdown-dropbox-google-drive-skydrive/

• Yiz Borol

I think right now skydrive offers marginally more at 7gb of storage free. They also have MS Office integration which means that if you use Word or excel it’s easier to sync/share documents across computers.

It really depends on what you’re planning on using it for, and which services you already use. If you have a mac and iphone I would recommend icloud because it’s very well integrated with OSX and iOS.
    If you use gmail I would recommend GoogleDrive because it’s a fairly robust service with 5gb of free storage and doesn’t require a new account, plus with programs like sugar sync you can do things with GDrive that the other services don’t yet offer.
    Finally if you’re using hotmail/outlook and MS Office than Skydrive is for you because it has the most free storage space with the best Windows integration.

• Ziaur Rahman

I want to use web space for store me files. So which one should I get?

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

If you’re going for file storage (emphasizing size), ADrive gives you 50GB for free user, although some people say it’s not too reliable. Alternatively you can try Box, which will give you 25GB if you register via Fetchnotes. It depends to the size of your files. If you want it to sync to many places, Dropbox is solid, though you only get 2GB free unless with referral like this http://db.tt/EYD2YRtv (2.5GB initial). If you work your way to get referrals and the extra tasks, you can get about 16-18GB.