Which should I buy: a Razer Blade or an Alienware 14?

Anonymous December 5, 2013

The Razer Blade

The Good:

• Thin
  • Light
  • Great Performance

The Bad:

• Expensive (I have the money)
  • Runs hot (can somebody tell if this is something I should worry about)
  • Not the best display (1600×900 is good enough for me)

Alienware 14

The Good:

• Great Performance
  • Very Customizable
  • Great Display
  • Good Quality Build

The Bad:

• Thick
  • Heavy
  • Runs hot

What would you recommend?

If you are here to tell me buy a desktop instead of a laptop, donĀ“t even post.

1. Mini S

The former one suits for me

As Dalsan I would go with Alienware between the two. Dell always delivers quality products.

Looking at local prices I think that MSI, Gigabyte and Schenker (www.mysn.eu) have the best offerings. But it may be different in your region. However, both ASUS and MSI are usually a safe choice for a decent device.

What you should keep in mind while looking for a gaming notebook is that the GTX765M is not a high-end GPU and is not comparable to the performance of the desktop GTX760. It's about the same as the previous gen. GTX670M

If you really want to enjoy games I would look for a GTX770M or better GTX780M.

Honestly, Asus's Republic of Gamers series laptops are built a little better than Alienware, and Razer's have been known to be of lower quality. MSI gaming laptops are even better, but may be a little more expensive. Of the two, I would go with Alienware, based off of user reviews and comments, which you should thoroughly research, as well.