Which is the best Windows image viewer?
Question by Justin Ellenwood /

XnView, Irfan View, FastStone? I am looking for a good photo viewer to replace the default Windows one. I would prefer that it opens the images fast like the default viewer.

I do not need it to have lots of extra features and image editing of any type. Which is the best for me?

• Rakesh Pal

i think picasa is one of the best windows image viever

• Yashodhan Bhatt

The fastest is faststone from http://www.faststone.org

• salim benhouhou

i tried FastStone and find it good enough but i believe that the default viewer is better .

• Achraf Almouloudi

If you want it to be as simple and as fast as the default viewer, why you just don’t want to stick with it.

• Justin Ellenwood

There is just something about it that I don’t like. I can’t really explain it

• Achraf Almouloudi

If you can’t explain it then there would be no useful feedback from your position and their developers can’t improve it.

• Justin Ellenwood

I think it has to do with the “look” of the windows image viewer. It just looks and feels outdated and clunky to me

• Saurabh Kumar

I would recommend Google Picassa……..

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

IrfanView is generally considered the best, although Picasa works perfectly fine for me as well. Both load image in a click. Can’t say for the other because I never use them.

• Junil Maharjan

The windows default viewer is great. I would prefer to use Picasa as well which has a great interface.

• Jim Chambers

How about Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

• Paul Pruitt

I agree with Fawad, if you just want viewing, Picasa is great intuitive and automatic, although sometimes it’s dicey about how to add photos to its purview.

However for speed, I think you can’t beat IrfanView. Use the IrfanView Thumbnails viewer or use the blue arrows in the middle of the toolbar of the regular interface, to cycle through a folder.

• RG

XnView has many strengths and features and deserves a mention here.