Which is the best way to organize bookmarks in Google Chrome browser?

Roomy Naqvy December 9, 2012

I have added up quite a few bookmarks from the Internet in my Google Chrome browser. I normally don’t use them and they just remain there. Which is the best way to organize them?

1. Saurabh Kumar

make different folders for different sites...........

2. Rohit Jhawer

there is no good way to automate the process. Best way to do is to organize them manually into folders. Its a time consuming process but its a one time process.

3. Sashritha Peiris

chrome://bookmarks/#1

4. Adinamo Alex

just use different folders, name each ...should do the trick

5. Paul Pruitt

If you are in Chrome, you do know you can right click on the Bookmark bar and choose "Bookmark Manager" right? With the Bookmark Manager, you can choose the "Organize" drop-down menu and one of the choices on that menu is to "Reorder by Title". This process orders both visible links and folders alphabetically. You can also go inside a folder and make the same Reorder by Title choice to order links you have collected within a folder if you already have folders.

The Bookmark Manager also has a Windows Explorer type two pane interface and allows you from the same Organize menu to make new folders. I think everything accomplishable from the Organize menu is also available on the context menu by right clicking a shortcut or shortcut folder either directly on the toolbar or within the Bookmark Manager that is with the very important exception of the "Reorder by Title" command that seems to be only available from the drop Organize drop down menu.

I have most of my links in categorized in folders, but frankly I rarely visit those carefully bookmarks. I'm glad I filed them in case I need to start a project again on the subject of one of the folders and because the mess is gone, but they kind of are like a rarely visited archive at this point.

The links I visit every day on the other hand are not in folders but visible on the Bookmarks toolbar in alphabetical order. Yes I also edited their names to make them short so I could fit more on the part of the toolbar in Chrome that is always up.

Finally I have a couple folders all the way to the left on the visible toolbar that includes bookmarks I visit a lot but less than the other ones that are not in folders, for instance bookmarks about financial things or links to control panels of my sites.

6. pp potana
  7. Giggity Goebbels

Group them

8. Etech Etech

You can also use xmarks to sync them between different computers, in firefox and chrome.

Delete those you don't use. Some names need to be shortened or edited so you can tell what their for. Arrange alphabeticly in folders based on content. Leave those you use a lot in root in alphabetic order.

• Douglas Mutay

I agree with you. I have never took the time to edit names. Will take some time and do it. Thank you!

10. josemon maliakal

The best way is to make different folders in bookmark sections and use them to store seperate category bookmarks

• maria

yes. making different folders