Which is the best free Instant Messaging app for iPad for GTalk and Facebook chat?

Kyem Ghosh June 7, 2013

I have been using Nimbuzz for a long time in my Nokia’s and now I’ve got an iPad and am always connected to WiFi on it. Better to say, I have stopped using mobile internet. And so I needed an IM app for my iPad.

Unfortunately, neither Nimbuzz nor ebuddy or Wechat etc. have any iPad specific app. But still I currently use iM+ in my iPad, it’s decent but not as good as I wanted. There are certain flaws like slow connectivity, gets disconnected on minimising the app etc (I have been reporting them and they assured me for rectification) but still I needed an alternative to iM+.

Well I want to stick to some free app. I won’t like to spend money for IM apps. Any suggestions?

1. Mike Henderson

I like Trillian Pro. Supports all chat clients out there and works on Win, Mac, iOS, and Andriod. I bought a lifetime license

2. Ashwin Ramesh

Try IM+. I really like it. Simple and elegant I feel.

• Kyem Ghosh

Sorry, I didn't feel the same in the free version. With HA14's link, I got imo and really it is great. Well it shows skype integration but it doesn't work. It says skype integration failed. Well I'm happy with the skype app and its always online for me.. Try karke dekh lijiye...

3. Scott Kupferman

Since you are specifically asking for a Gtalk client, http://www.vtokapp.com/ might be your best bet. Not every instant messaging app is Gtalk compatible.

• Kyem Ghosh

Thanks man... Your link listed an app named imo and I feel it to be much better than iM+. And moreover its free with no pro versions. This was actually what I wanted...

glad you found :) your new application, thanks for your feedback, if you wish to close the thread as solved, choose the best answer from your makeuseof account.

• Kyem Ghosh

Yeah... Sure...
      To all users viewing my question, I found imo to be the best IM app for iPad.. Chk it out..

• Kyem Ghosh

Hey do you know how to mark this question as Resolved. I forgot the way and m getting no optionto mark this question as resolved

• Kyem Ghosh

Thanks man.. Actually I was away from MUO for atleast 5-6 mnths in between n so I was not aware of these changes... Thanks... Once again...