Which cross-platform mobile apps can share location in “real time”?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani June 9, 2013

Which cross-platform ( Android , Windows 8 phone ) mobile apps can share location in “real time”? Usually such apps do not share in real time but after 30 minutes or so. Therefore question specific.

1. Patrick Jackson

Well, I am quite surprised that no one mentioned Google Latitude. I have not personally used it, but am aware that it provides the required feature.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Thanks!

Yes correct and I am aware of Google latitude providing same feature.
      But does it have app for WP8 phone as in this question?

• Patrick J

Unfortunately, no, they currently support Android and iOS devices only. Still, you can try going to latitude.google.com from your Windows device and see if it works. Else you can check their App Store too. Sorry I have not used the OS yet so I may not be of much help there.

2. Erez Zukerman

I believe Waze has a feature like this, too. It's not available for Windows phone but it is available for both Android and iOS.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Asked for app which supports for WP8 and Android

• Erez Zukerman

Oops, that you did. Sorry then -- that's one of WP8's main issues really... not enough apps. Sorry for not being able to help.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Thanks for your interest in this topic!

Pl note that there are many apps for WP8 phones for this purpose. They have to be expertly filtered out to match them according to criteriae in the question

Glympse, check if it does what you need
    http://www.glympse.com/what_is_glympse