Where on the Internet can I find an exhaustive list of all websites ending in “.org” with short descriptions of each?

Joseph Videtto June 21, 2013

I’m not sure if this is possible, but I’ve noticed many of my favorite websites end with a .org.

Is it possible that there is a website that will help me create an exhaustive list of all websites ending in “.org” with short descriptions of each, the popularity of such sites based on web traffic, and user reviews ?

1. Emmanuel Asuncion
  2. Leland Whitlock

The best I could find was http://northfield.org/nonprofits

The below articles lists some of the best .org sites you can have.Some of them have .com sites but this must not make you not to see them.

19 Best Non-Profit Websites

.ORG Showcase of Resources

40 Beautiful & Inspiring .Org Websites

Top Websites with .org
    http://domaintyper.com/top-websites/most-popular-websites-with-org-domain
    its a start but no description

• Paul Pruitt

This is good. I went through all 100 and open the ones I didn't know. Pretty interesting and useful.

You can't. There's no list of internet names, except on DNS servers and they cannot be queried to produce the whole list (unless you have physical access to such a server, I suppose). There is certainly no centralised list of descriptions of the websites, although whois can give you some details (primarily of ownership) for individual web sites.

That said, you can limit searches in Google to the .org domain (for example "charity site:org) or your can use the "inurl" operator to search for addresses that have .org in them (e.g. "charity inurl.org"), so if there is a general topic you are interested in, you'll be able to get a good list of .org sites that way.

• Vennroxx

Makeuseof is the first and best option...u can try.