Where do I find my Windows 8 activation key?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda February 20, 2013

After I installed Windows 8, I tried activating it thinking that the product key and activation key were the same, in which they are apparently not. So how do I find my Windows 8 *activation* key? I checked my email and it doesn’t have it. Help would be much appreciated, thank you!

1. Sreekanth Stern

I have Activated my windows 8 using this activator working g8 ,since 1 Month Hope you will feel the same :)

LINK : http://1337x.org/torrent/462992/Windows-8-Activator-Tested-and-working-ThumperDC/

2. Nevzat Akkaya

@Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda ; Is there any status update on your issue? have you solved it?

@ha14: "if it is an upgrade from windows 7 then you should first install early windows version and windows 8."

If they are upgrading from XP, you MUST do a clean install. Even if they are upgrading from Win7, I would still recommend a clean install for better overall results. It won't be carrying over all of the crap from the previous version, especially if their existing Win7 installation was an in-place upgrade from Vista, or better yet, a chain of upgrade installs from XP to Vista to 7 and now to 8.

The Windows product key and activation keys are not the same thing. The product key is used along with information about the computer hardware to generate an activation request key that is sent to the Microsoft activation servers which then respond with a complimentary activation key that, when applied to your computer, completes the product activation. The only time you see the activation key is if you use telephonic activation of the software (you will pass the activation request key to their system & recieve the activation key to enter into the computer).

Is your "Product" key in this format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx? Or is it in a different format?
    A Microsoft Product key is a key for the product you bought!

6. Nevzat Akkaya

Have you bought Windows 8 online? If so, your key must have been sent to you, if it did not arrive, then contact Microsoft. If Windows 8 came preinstalled on your new PC or laptop, then it should activate itself without asking you for a key, I suppose. Is there any Windows 8 license key sticker on your PC? If so, use the key on it. If you have installed Windows 8 trial (enterprise version), then you can get a key with your Microsoft Live ID. Anyway, these are my guesses, you need to give us more details on your Windows 8 condition so that we can direct you to a proper destination.

7. Réy Aétar

call microsoft helpline if you are using original microsoft product they will help you

Why can't I activate Windows?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-activate-windows

from where you purchased your windows 8 copy?

if it is an upgrade from windows 7 then you should first install early windows version and windows 8.

9. Réy Aétar

call ms elpline if ur version is original they will help u