Where can I write technology articles online for prizes or money?

Saad T August 13, 2013

Hi guys i am a 17 year old male, i want to write articles and maybe earn prizes or money, the articles will be tech related like Android, Linux, Windows, i want your recommendations about good websites :)

1. Ryan P

Hi Sad T,
    Your question really stood out to me because I am of similar age, and have wondered the same thing as you more than once; Also when I was 17 I think. (Funny huh) I love programming and design, Linux, Open Sourced Software, IT, server administration, Mac, Windows 8, you name it. I thought i was good at a few things, and maybe I had something to give back to the world of people like you and me that have benefitted from such articles, tutorials, and other things like the generous people of Makeuseof and others offer.

One random evening I decided I would start a technical blog. Writing only about subjects I was really passionate about. Writing tutorials about things I knew. I didn't think much of it back then but over time I started getting a decent amount of hits, and since then it has developed into a nice little place for me to practice, learn, share, what I love. Simply put, if you want to be a writer, all you really have to do is write. Although, "Elements of Style" is recommended by many good writers and teachers :p

• Saad T

Thanks, that sums it all up :D

2. Guy M

First things first - work on your typing, grammar, and style. If you aren't sure what I mean by 'style', there's an excellent book known as Strunk & White's, The Elements of Style.
    Create a blog and start posting your own articles there. This creates a portfolio to show prospective employers.
    After you have a fair amount of articles showcasing your writing and technology expertise, start searching for websites looking for writers.