Where can I get Super NES roms?

Michael Mccann June 11, 2013

I read a MakeUseOf article about how to play old school video games, it was cool, but do you know where I can get my hands on game ROMs? I have a fondness for super NES games, I know I can get emulators, but where are the ROMs for them?

1. Tim Brookes

As others have mentioned ROMs come with some legal problems, notably you're meant to own the original cartridge if you intend to download the ROM rip of it. So while downloading ROMs is perfectly legal to do, remember that you will be breaking the law by downloading ROMs you are not legally entitled to.

You're not necessarily going to have the boys in blue knocking on your door, but you are breaking the law. As James said, legally contentious materials are usually found on torrent sites so I recommend trying those.

if you join Super NES forum then perhaps you can get some games not available on web at least easily.

3. DalSan M

Cool ROM is a great place for compatible games, but as a warning though, you must have purchased and own the original games for this to be legal. Generally, you do need to unzip the game files in order to pay the have, just open the zipped game from the emulator.

4. Michael Mccann

never mind.. found a site..

• Tina Sieber

Which site did you find?