Where can I get Macbook Pro case parts?

Steve Busch March 21, 2013

I have been searching all over the internet, and can’t find what I am looking for. I need the frame that lays over the display which faces you, not the back. Mine is bent, and makes closing my Mac a real hassle.

I requested a quote to fix from Melrose Mac, the local Mac guru shop, and they told me it would be close to $1000 dollars to fix.

Has anyone done this before? Is this a $1000 dollar fix? It seems like something I could do myself with a small screw driving, some patience, and an hour of free time.

1. Rakesh Pal

The part is called the bezel. I just googled “Macbook pro bezel” and found plenty of links, with prices from $18 to $120. You should make sure that it’s the bezel for your exact model of laptop, so I suggest you either check with the seller, or look up the Apple site for the part no. of the appropriate bezel.

2. Jan Fritsch

Depending on your MacBookPro model the frame around the screen may be (a glued on) part of the "Screen assembly". In that case it would be equally expensive at any place.

You might be better off looking for a non-working or faulty MBP and take it apart yourself.

The part is called the bezel. I just googled "Macbook pro bezel" and found plenty of links, with prices from $18 to $120. You should make sure that it's the bezel for your exact model of laptop, so I suggest you either check with the seller, or look up the Apple site for the part no. of the appropriate bezel.