Where can I get a copy of the National Geographic Maps Disk No. 3 if mine is damaged?

Anandu B Ajith December 31, 2012

Does anyone have National Geographic Maps the complete collections Disk No 3 because my disk is damaged.

1. Paul Pruitt

Have you tried SkipDr yet? The final product looks like the device just put a pattern of scuff marks on your CD/DVD. However I have found it to work to fix issues time after time. They now cost less than the price of new DVDs of most programs: http://www.amazon.com/SkipDr-Manual-Disc-Repair-System/dp/B0015ACUKC/.

2. Rob Hindle

How damaged is the CD? Scratches can be polished out. CDs have very good error correcting capabilities so can even survive cracks, the worst problem is stratches parallel to the tracks, scratches and even sometimes cracks perpendicular are worst. Also the top (printed) surface is more vulnerable to fatal damage than the bottom surface.

• Anandu B Ajith

Badly It Fell and I stepped on itSo many Big scratthes

3. Justin Pot

You're options are basically limited to piracy or buying another copy. Ebay and Amazon are good places to start if you want to try a legal option.

Everyone else, remember: back up your CDs if you want to keep them. They'll break eventually.

Ideally you should have made a CD backup image and used the backup CD for everyday use. However, can't you just checkout with the manufacturer on the replacement option against a nominal fee for the corrupted disk.