Where can I find the “Properties” menu in Chrome?

KamilKozyra November 16, 2012

I recently starting using Google Chrome and I cannot find a same feature from Firefox. In Firefox, if I right-click on a page, I can chose “Properties” and see useful info, for example e-mail or URL. Is there a way to do that in Chrome version 20? I found the following thread (http://superuser.com/questions/377962/how-to-get-the-url-of-the-frame-in-chrome-browser), but I’m still confused.

1. luis donis

I know this because I hardly use chrome but it's good to know

2. Arun Vishnu

you will find it in top right menu

3. Sathya Murthy

Click on the wrench menu and choose options. This will help you in setting the properties of your google chrome

you can c it in right -tip corner of ur chrome browser,the icon is three lines..........

5. Usman Mubashir

You might need to go DEV mode in chrome,

DEV mode is a separate chrome browser

6. Aniket Singh

dude there is no option like properties

7. Dave Rimmer

Start Chrome then click on the 3 bars on the top right and choose Settings scroll down to On Startup then un-check Open the new TAB page and change it to Open a Specific page or set of pages, then restart Chrome sorted.

Click on button with 3 bars on far right, select Setting, select Show advanced settings, in Networks select Change proxy settings to bring up Internet Properties window.

9. dee drew

I tried to get rid of Chrome's "new Tab" page. Found instruction online. One of the 3 steps is to "select Properties". I looked everywhere on Chrome and could not find that. Where is it? It should have been very obvious, clearly displayed. But it's not even able to be found. How strange!!! There are many others who want to get rid of this "new Tab" page too.

10. Nikhil Chandak

I think there is no option called "properties" in Chrome

11. Rob Hindle

Not sure what you mean, however right click and view source gets you some info. Lots more web-page info can be found if you install Chrome add-on http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Are you referring to View Page Info on right clicking? Then both options are same on both of the browsers.

If you know what frames means in browser,then finding its source code is same in both browsers by right clicking and clicking on View Page Source.

See example image of a frame in the link below -

http://www.expertrating.com/courseware/HTMLCourse/HTML_Frames_1_clip_image004.jpg

13. Erlis Dhima

I don't recall to be a 'Properties' button even in firefox (don't know what version are you using though..). But if you want to know a link or e-mail, just go to the 'object' has the link, and right-click, copy link address, or copy image link... it depends!