Where can I find the manufacturing password for my crashed Acer Aspire D255?

Dianna May 20, 2012

My laptop crashed, I am not able to do a recovery of the F12 or the F2. On the F12 it is just telling me that there isn’t a recoverable disk and on the F2 button it is telling me to please enter the current password, which is a problem due to NEVER setting up a password on this computer.

I have been to the techs of Acer and they can’t help. So now I thought I would ask for help from the BEST. PLEASE HELP!!

1. Igor Rizvi?

I knwo this sounds funny,but i had looked into it,and i can say you try just typing six zeroes ...

Start your machine and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time. That should start the recovery screen and reset everything back to default.

3. Windowsisbettr

What Bruce suggested is a good idea- however, there maybe an easier way to troubleshoot.
    When you access the F12 screen, are you being sent to a black screen with off-white/gray text, or a windows screen?
    If you get to a Windows screen, when it asks for your password, just press enter when it asks for your password.
    Then try clicking on System Recovery. If it asks for a disk, pop the DVD drive open and insert the Recovery Disk.
    WAIT!
    NOOOOO-- ASPIRE IS A NETBOOK.
    Ok, in that case, just do what Bruce suggested.

If you can boot it from USB, you could drop a copy of Hiren's Boot CD onto a flash drive, boot from the flash drive and run the cmospwd tool to clear the CMOS settings. Restarting should result in a complete reset of the CMOS settings, including all blank passwords.