Where can I find open source websites to download?

shaurya gupta June 16, 2013

I want to know of downloadable open source websites which i can download to learn from. I just downloaded the source code of “www.buckysroom.com” which is an open source social networking site. So aren’t there other websites which have made their source code open and available for download. Please list them, if they exist.

1. Farhan K

You can download frameworks or toolkits for web development I don't think anything such as open-source websites exists and if exists it will not have the quality as compared to frameworks,when you wrote about open source i figured out that you are new in web development so first work on basics then go forward on using frameworks and toolkits if you are not interested in learning or want to set up a website soon try WordPress or Tumblr some good quality micro-blogging websites.

2. Varun Barad
    • Lisa Santika Onggrid

Yes, SourceForge is impressive. It's a good start place to work on open source projects.

Most websites are simply content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress or Drupal, and you can download the source for those systems.

If you are specifically looking for social networking sites, you can check here and here.

• Shaurya G

i am looking for any sort of a site, but it must be made from scratch...

• Shaurya G

u see, i want to learn css in a more practical way...