Where can I find MakeUseOf PDF guides downloaded to my iPad?

Charlie July 12, 2011

I have downloaded a couple of PDF guides from Makeuseof on my iPad, but can’t find them. Where will they be on my iPad?

Hey Charlie,

As James pointed out we are going through various possibilities now to make it easy for iPad users to download the guides. The fix should be in place soon. Stay tuned.

Hi Charlie, I think I misunderstood you the first time round - I've just tried to replicate your  issue and I'm seeing the same thing - the pdf front cover loads inside the pop-up box in the webpage instead of actually being shown, right?

Thanks for pointing this out Charlie, I believe we've found the reason for it, but unable to fix as it would break the downloads for users on the desktop side. It's a difficult problem and rest assured I'm looking for a proper solution, but for my best suggestion is to download the guide from your PC, then transfer to your ipad using itunes. To do that, just connect the app and click on the device management from itunes, then the apps tab. At the bottom, you should see a list of apps that can accept files, so choose your pdf reader - iBooks, I presume, then drag and drop the file in and resync. Sorry it's a pain, we will try to implement something better soon. 

I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty certain that simply clicking on them and opening them in Safari doesn't actually download them, therefore they won be on your device. If I am wrong though, they will stored in your iBooks application. Let me know!

• C Skinley

Hi James, thanks for your reply. I've clicked on 'Download it now', entered the password and clicked submit. It seemed to be doing something then I had the option to close the guide. New to this so sure I must b doing something wrong, have checked iBooks and it's not there :(