Where can I find Android apps meant just for a tablet?

DrSunil Vaswani May 14, 2013

Where can I find Android apps meant just for a tablet? When I look in the tablet section of Google Play for apps like Facebook and Maps I can’t find them.

1. thejay_0

Developers like facebook and google design their apps in a way that they don't need different apps for mobile and tablets.
    It's just that they have not featured them in the section.
    Most apps mentioned in "featured for tablets" section are compatible with mobile phones also. (eg. google drive)

2. OliviaMorgan14

@DrSunil Vaswani thats very simple, browse play.google.com in your tablet, it will automatically detect your device model, and will show you all apps related to your device, you can choose any app suits u.
    Here are some tips to select best apps for your Tablet: http://www.mizwhiz.com/home/best-apps-for-home-decorating-and-remodeling.html

• DrSunil Vaswani

I understand

It does not contain Facebook, Gmail and such common apps

3. Chris Hoffman

Google showed off a new Google Play Store with special tablet apps sections at Google IO yesterday, so keep an eye open -- this should be doable in the Google Play app/on the Google Play website soon!

4. Chinmay Sarupria

1) Download Tablified Market apk from here:
    http://droidfanz.org/download-MTg2OTE=.html

2) Transfer to your phone and install.

3) Done!

• DrSunil Vaswani

It is asking log in

Can you upload Google Drive

5. DalSan M

The apps you find in the Play Store depends on the device you are using. If the device isn't supported, most likely they will not show up, or the Play Store will show you that it isn't supported on your device. Using ha14's suggestion should give you the results you are looking for.

I don't know what model you got but when i use google play store on my tablet, i only find apps that are specified for tablets. There are apps that are compatible with both phone and tablet like facebook, twitter, etc.

perhaps the following application can help
    Tablified Market - Tablet Apps
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tablifiedapps.tablifiedmarket

Yeps ha14 has nailed it. That is the best option. Also you can check https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev86.app119&hl=en

• DrSunil Vaswani

How to install tablified market on HCL ME AM 7A1 tab on which it is not supported by default?

have you tried to download to pc from another source then to transfer to HCL ME AM 7A1 and install there?

• Justin Pot

This is awesome.

• Justin Pot

Oh, and DrSunil: if the app isn't supported by default there's probably a good reason. Don't try to install it – believe me, it will only end in tears. At least in my experience.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Google's numerous Play Store updates done involves adding a dedicated tablet section for users of Android-powered tablets who wish to find out the top ranking free and paid apps available on the Google Play Store. If you check out the Play Store, you'll see that Google has already made the necessary changes.

• DrSunil Vaswani

@Rajaa : 1) Gmail and facebook are not included in apps from Play store which was downloaded through Rajaa's reply

and 2) how to update PlayStore the old version of which was installed through Rajaa's reply